At Flowmotion, we care about making great games and getting them the audience they deserve. We are a game developer and publisher of female-focused casual mobile games, and have brought fun to over 40 million people around the world. Having fun while making a difference in the world is core to who we are, and the revenue from our games have also helped Backpack Buddies, a Canadian charity, provide more than 45,000 meals to children in need.
We partner with top developers around the world to ensure their games get the audience they deserve and are imagined for sustainable, long-term, profitable growth. We’ve experienced remarkable growth over the past few years, and we’re just getting started!
As a Marketing Artist, you will create and design artwork appearing in various mediums, including in-game, digital ads, app store listings, and online marketing campaigns. You will lead FlowMotion’s marketing creative team to create the branding vision for our games and their marketing campaigns. Which includes inventing new ideas for store listing campaigns and assets, and ensuring these visions get executed to your high standard.
● You have to be extremely creative and enjoy inventing new ideas for art and developing a wide range of highly creative characters, creatures, icons and environment art.
● Hands-on experience in conceptualising an original idea from storyboard to final design.
● Proficient in illustration and composition skills. Strong understanding of colors, anatomy, perspective and layout design.
● Possess knowledge related to lighting Matte Painting
● Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with other artists and designers.
● Knowledge of 2D and 3D content creation programs. Specifically Adobe creative suite.
● Must have artistic skills to use drawing, illustration, modeling, and animation skills to create art.
● You have the ability to rapidly produce concept mockups to flush out the brand vision, for input from the team and approval from the marketing team lead.
● Extensive experience in coming up with brand logos, icons, store listing assets as well as video advertisements.
● You have a growth mindset, and are committed to achieving that ‘next level’ in everything you do
● Bonus: you’ve worked in the mobile gaming industry
Roles and responsibilities:
● Create industry-leading marketing materials and assets.
● Support in textures and matte paintings for in-game use on characters, environments and user interface creations.
● Performing tasks related to integrating imagery into shots, preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and color
● Painting photo-real environments, elements and textures for matching into live-action plates or to stand on their own as plates.
How success will be measured:
● Improved conversion rates of paid ad creatives, and app store listing pages (impressions to downloads)
● Increased volume in downloads/ideal customers from top markets to be in top 10% of the market
● Team harmony through clear communication and leadership
● Frequent experiments with clear progress and reported insights/learnings
How we care for our team:
● Training & Development - attend conferences and continue your path of professional and personal development
● Performance Bonus Program
● Getting to work from home alongside a global team of passionate people living all over the world
To apply, at minimum send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the word “passion” in the subject line. Even better yet, we’d suggest doing something to really get noticed that will be different than 99% of the applicants who will just send an email hoping to get an interview.